Working holiday visa subclass-417

Specified work- Subclass-417-Working holiday visa

If you are or have been previously in Australia as the holder of a Subclass 417 visa and want to extend your 417 visa you must have carried out specified work either Full time, part time or casual for a period or periods of at least 3 months full time equivalent and you must have been paid for the work in accordance with relevant Australian legislation and awards.

 Plant and animal cultivation:

(a)  the harvesting and/or packing of fruit and vegetable crops;

(b)  pruning or trimming vines and trees;

(c)  general maintenance crop work;

(d)  cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts;

(e)  immediate processing of plant products;

(f)  maintaining animals for the purposes of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase;

(g)  immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery, packing and tanning;

(h)  manufacturing dairy produce from raw material.

  Fishing and pearling:

(a)  conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species;

(b)  conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell.

   Tree farming and felling:

(a)  planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled;

(b)  felling trees in a plantation or forest;

(c)  transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are first to be milled or processed, or any other place from which they are to be transported to the place where they are to be milled or processed.


(a)  coal mining;

(b)  oil and gas extraction;

(c)  metal ore mining;

(d)  construction material mining;

(e)  other non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying;

(f)  exploration;

(g)  mining support services.


(a)  residential building construction;

(b)  non-residential building construction;

(c)  heavy and civil engineering construction;

(d)  land development and site preparation services;

(e)  building structure services;

(f)  building installation services;

(g)  building completion services;

(h)  other construction services.

If you need assistance with extending your subclass-417 visa, contact us on 1300 896 519

You may also complete an online assessment form www.emcaustralia.com.au/vaf/ to check if you have any other options available if you wish to migrate to Australia.

For all our immigration needs visit www.emcaustralia.com.au/visa/

Table of Contents

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *