Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Student visa (Subclass 500)

About the Visa

This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognized education institution.

Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

Before applying for the visa the candidate

  • Must be enrolled in a course of study that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
  • Who is less than 18 years of age needs to have welfare arrangements in place while he/she is in Australia. More information is available about Welfare arrangements for students under 18.
  • Must meet GTE requirement.
  • The candidate might need to provide evidence of your English language skills with his/her visa application.
    • Check the Document Checklist Tool to find out the evidence you need to provide. You might also be exempt from providing evidence.
    • If the candidate needs to provide evidence of your English language proficiency, there is a minimum English language test score  will be accepted
  • The candidate needs to have enough money that is genuinely available to him, to pay for his/her course fees, and travel and living costs for him and his accompanying family members while they are in Australia.
    • If the candidate needs to provide evidence of financial capacity, he/she will be able to demonstrate this by providing one of the following:
    • evidence of funds to cover travel to Australia and 12 months’ living, course and (for school-aged dependents) schooling costs for the student and accompanying family members
    • evidence that he/she meets the annual income requirement
    • an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students (AASES) form (secondary exchange students only)
    • a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or Department of Defence.
  • The candidate must have adequate health insurance while in Australia. Students can show this by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)which provides medical and hospital insurance.
  • Everyone who wants to enter Australia must be of good character and will be assessed against the character requirements.
  • Student visa applicants can apply to study in ELICOS in Australia. If the candidate is intending to study standalone ELICOS for more than 12 months, he/she should provide lots of information with his/her application showing how he/she meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement. There is flexibility to extend the length of ELICOS where it is needed. This will be determined on a case by case basis.

What visa lets you do?

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution. The visa lets you:

  • Can study a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia.
  • Eligible family members can accompany him/her to Australia.


From AUD 560

What you must not do if you hold this visa

You must comply with the state and territory laws of Australia. The number of hours you can work in Australia can be found in your visa conditions.

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500

* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.

Consult migration agent in your area

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.