Contributory Aged Parent Visa - Subclass 864

The Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864) allows eligible parents to live in Australia indefinitely, work, and study, access healthcare, sponsor relatives, and apply for Australian citizenship if eligible. It is typically obtained in two steps, starting with the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884). The visa grants a 5-year travel facility, and after the initial period, travelers need to apply for a Resident Return Visa or consider Australian citizenship for re-entry.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, you cannot apply for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa if you already hold a Sponsored Parent Visa (Subclass 870).

Yes, you can include your family members in your application, including your spouse and dependent children. Their details must be provided in the application form.

If your child is born after you have applied for the visa, you need to inform the Department of Home Affairs. Additional charges apply for each family member who applies with you.

The Contributory Aged Parent Visa allows indefinite stay in Australia.

The visa application process for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa may take at least 12 years on average, based on current planning levels.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).