Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)

The Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100) is designed for the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. This visa grants permanent residency in Australia and is typically granted to individuals who already hold a temporary Partner visa (Subclass 309).

Frequently Asked Questions

You must hold either a Partner (Provisional) visa (Subclass 309) or a Dependent Child (Subclass 445) visa. Two years must have passed since you applied for the combined 309 and 100 visa for you to be assessed for the permanent visa.

Yes, you must continue to be the spouse or de facto partner of the same person who sponsored you for the temporary Partner visa. This includes maintaining a genuine and continuing relationship.

If your relationship breaks down or your partner dies before the permanent visa is granted, you might still be eligible. See “Your relationship has changed” for more information.

If you or any family members owe money to the Australian Government, it must be paid back or have an approved arrangement in place to pay it back.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).