Bridging visa E – BVE – (subclass 050)

The Bridging Visa E (BVE), Subclass 050, is a temporary visa that allows individuals to stay in Australia lawfully while they finalize their immigration matters or make arrangements to leave the country.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, you cannot extend a BVE to stay longer in Australia. If you need more time or have ongoing immigration matters, you must apply for a new BVE or explore other visa options.

If you work when you are not allowed to, your BVE may be canceled, and you could be detained or removed from Australia. There are limited situations where you might apply for a new BVE that allows work, but eligibility depends on specific circumstances.

Your BVE will be digitally linked to your passport, and you will not receive a label in your passport.

No, there is no fee for applying for a Bridging Visa E (BVE).

The duration of stay on a BVE varies based on a specified date, time period, or an event. It will also end if you leave Australia, are granted a substantive visa, or if your BVE is canceled.

No, a BVE ends immediately if you leave Australia. To return, you must have another substantive visa.

You can check the specific conditions attached to your BVE by visiting the [Department of Home Affairs website](

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).