[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content_no_spaces” full_height=”yes” equal_height=”yes” parallax=”content-moving” parallax_image=”5317″ css=”.vc_custom_1515575249380{padding-top: 200px !important;padding-bottom: 200px !important;}”][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row” parallax=”content-moving-fade”][vc_column][vc_column_text css=”.vc_custom_1512550392560{margin-right: 50px !important;margin-left: 50px !important;}”]Student guardian visa (Subclass 590)

About the visa

This visa is for someone to come to Australia to provide care and support for:

  • a student visa holder who is under 18 years of age or
  • A student visa holder who is 18 years of age or older and needs care and support due to exceptional circumstances.

You can apply for this visa from in or outside Australia.

Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

The candidate must:

  • be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student
  • not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances
  • be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student unless he/she is applying for this visa with the support of the government his/her home country.

The candidate must also:

  • meet health and character requirements
  • Have enough money to support for her/himself, any dependents accompanying him/her and the student.
  • have adequate health insurance for herself/himself and any dependents coming with him/her
  • not owe any money to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any money owed
  • only stay in Australia temporarily
  • Provide biometric information if the department asks for it.


What visa lets you do?

The candidate can care for more than one student.

Generally, there can be only one Student Guardian visa holder per student visa holder.

This visa lets you:

  • stay in Australia for as long as the student stays or up until the student turns 18 years of age
  • study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week
  • Study another course for up to three months.


From AUD 575

What you must not do if you hold this visa

The visa does not generally allow you to work.

Processing time

Visa lodging time: 2-4 months

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-590

* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Consult migration agent in your area” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center|color:%23136ebf” css_animation=”rotateInUpLeft” css=”.vc_custom_1516314933010{margin-bottom: 20px !important;}”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][employee_circle_grid filter=”misc::posts_per_page::is::10;”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]