Labour agreement stream (subclass 482)

The Australia Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa under the Labour Agreement Stream is designed for skilled workers nominated by employers who have a Labour Agreement with the Australian Government. This visa allows individuals to live and work in Australia temporarily, with the option to study (without government assistance) and travel to and from Australia while the visa is valid. Depending on the terms of the labour agreement, you can work in Australia for up to four years, and if you're a Hong Kong passport holder, you can extend it for up to five years. This visa also opens up a pathway to permanent residency after five years for eligible candidates.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, you can extend your stay by having your employer submit a new nomination, and you must apply for a new visa. Additionally, there’s a pathway to permanent residency after five years.

Sponsoring a worker costs AUD330.00, and you also need to pay the Skilling Australians Fund levy.


A nomination is valid for 12 months from the date of approval.

Yes, you can nominate a worker while inside or outside Australia.

You can withdraw a nomination, but you will remain liable for the visa holder and their dependents until they have a new approved nomination from another approved business sponsor.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).