Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400)

The Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa, Subclass 400, offers a pathway for individuals with highly specialised skills, knowledge, or experience to engage in short-term, specialised work in Australia. This visa also extends the possibility to bring family members along, although they are not permitted to work or study in Australia, except for specific circumstances, such as participating in a language training program.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, family members can be included in the application, but they are not permitted to work or study in Australia. Adequate financial support for the entire family must be demonstrated.

Unfortunately, this visa cannot be extended. If you need more time in Australia, you should explore alternative visa options.

The Subclass 400 visa is intended for individuals with highly specialised skills to engage in non-ongoing work that is not available in the Australian labor market.

Yes, you can travel to and from Australia for 5 years after receiving the visa. After this period, you will need a Resident Return Visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.

No, if your work involves the Australian entertainment industry, you should consider the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Entertainment.

Family members included in the application must meet the health and character requirements, just like the primary visa holder.

Your immigration history is considered, and previous visa cancellations or refusals may impact your eligibility for this visa.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).