The Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) allows parents to live in Australia indefinitely, work and study, enroll in Medicare, sponsor family members, and travel to and from Australia for 5 years. It is a permanent visa that provides the opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, you cannot apply for the Contributory Parent Visa if you already hold a Sponsored Parent Visa (Subclass 870).

Yes, you can include your family members in your application, but the inclusion of children in the application is dependent on the type of application (Retirement Pathway or Subclass 143).

If your sponsor dies while holding a Temporary Contributory Parent Visa, you may still be eligible for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143).

An Assurance of Support is generally required, unless applying for the visa under the Retirement Pathway.

If your child is born after you have applied for the visa, you need to inform the Department of Home Affairs and follow the necessary procedures.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).