Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114)

The Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114) allows individuals to stay in Australia indefinitely and provides various benefits such as the ability to work and study in Australia, enroll in Australia's public healthcare scheme (Medicare), sponsor relatives to come to Australia, and apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, if you already hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa, you are not eligible to apply for a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa.

Yes, you can include members of your family unit in your visa application. This includes your spouse, dependent children, and other dependent relatives. You need to provide their details in the application form.

If your child is born after you have applied for the visa but before a decision is made, you should inform the Department of Home Affairs as soon as possible. There are specific procedures to follow in such cases.

No, the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa allows you to stay in Australia for a maximum of 2 years. You cannot extend or reapply for this visa to stay longer. However, you may be eligible to apply for a different visa if needed.

Based on current planning levels, a new Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa application may take at least 12 years to process. However, processing times are subject to change, and it is advisable to check the latest information from the Department of Home Affairs.

No, to apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864), you must first apply for the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884). Applying for the temporary visa and then the permanent visa allows you to spread the cost of the visas over a number of years.

The visa application cost for the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa is AUD33,895. Additional charges apply for each family member included in the application.

To be eligible for the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa, you must be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension.

Yes, as a sponsor, you can sponsor more than one parent for the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa.

Yes, a community organization can sponsor your visa application if there is a relationship between the organization and your child, the organization is lawfully established in Australia, and it meets certain financial and operational criteria.

Currently, there are no frequently asked questions available for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Subclass 114).