Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)
About the visa
This is a permanent visa for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia.
Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)
Candidate must currently hold either:
- a skilled visa
- a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B that was granted in relation to an application for a subclass 487, 489 or 495.
He/she must have held a skilled visa at some time for at least two years before he/she applies for the visa.
Note: Dependents and partners who hold a skilled visa and meet all other eligibility criteria can apply for this subclass 887 visa as the main applicant.
The candidate must have lived and worked in a regional, low-population growth or designated area of Australia.
The candidate must meet our health requirement and character requirements.
The candidate must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
The candidate might not be eligible for this visa if he/she has had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
What visa lets you do?
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- to stay in Australia indefinitely
- to work and study in Australia
- to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- to sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- to travel to and from Australia for five years
- to apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
The visa costs from AUD 375.
* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.