E Visitor Visa (Subclass 651)

About the Visa

An E Visitor Visa is required for people who wish to come to Australia to travel or visit friends and family. The E Visitor Visa is also suitable for people visiting for business purposes such as: attending a conference, negotiating or exploring business opportunities.


Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

  • Outside Australia
  • The candidate must be a passport holder of a certain country such as:
    • Andorra
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Latvia
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Malta
    • Monaco
    • The Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Republic of San Marino
    • Slovak Republic
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • United Kingdom – British Citizen
    • Vatican City.

The candidate is not eligible to apply for this visa if his/her only passport is a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport.

Candidates are required to satisfy health and character requirements and may be required to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support their travels in Australia.

Candidates must have Health Insurance while you stay in Australia.

Travellers seeking to enter Australia on an EVV may not be permitted entry unless they are in good health and have no criminal convictions for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) are for a total period of 12 months duration or more.

Candidates must not have outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.

He/she may be asked to provide Biometric

The candidate needs a separate e-Visitor for each family member travelling with him/her to Australia, including those who are younger than 18 years of age and are included on his/her passport.


What visa lets you do?

This visa will let you the following privileges:

  • to enter Australia for up to three months during each visit during the 12 months from the date the e-Visitor is granted
  • to have a holiday or visit family and friends in Australia
  • to study in Australia for up to three months in some circumstances
  • to engage in business visitor activities while in Australia provided you:
  • not allowed to work for or provide services to, a business or organization
  • Not allowed to sell goods or services to the public.

Business visitor activities include:

  • making general business or employment enquiries
  • investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
  • activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
  • Participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organizers for you participation.

In general, an e-Visitor does not allow the grantee to work in Australia. However, he/she might be able to work as a volunteer if:

  • his/her main purpose in visiting Australia is tourism and the voluntary work is incidental to tourism
  • the work is genuinely voluntary and he/she is not paid for it, other than for meals, accommodation or out of pocket living expenses
  • the work would not otherwise be done in return for wages by an Australian resident



This visa is free


What you must not do if you hold this visa

The grantee must comply with all e-Visitor conditions and Australian laws while he/she is in Australia. He/she cannot study nor do any training for longer than three months.


Processing time

1-30 Working days


Link: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-


* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.

Consult migration agent in your area