Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

The partner visas (subclass 820 and 801)

About the Visa

The partner visas (subclass 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent partner visa (subclass 801) is processed.

Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

If the candidate is married, usually he/she must be 18 or older when he/she applies. This is because usually, he/she must be 18 or older for his/her marriage to be valid under Australian law.

The candidate must be the spouse (married) or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The candidate must have a sponsor, who will be your partner, except if your partner is under 18 years of age.

The candidate must meet our health requirement.

The candidate must meet our character requirement.

The candidate must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government.

The candidate might not be able to apply for this visa if he/she has had a visa cancelled or refused while  he/she is in Australia.

Eligibility criteria for the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801)

The candidate must:

  • hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820)
  • continue to be in the spouse or de facto partner relationship unless his /her relationship has ended and there are special circumstances
  • Have complied with all Australian laws whilst on his/her temporary visa.

What visa lets you do?

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820):

  • to stay in Australia until a decision is made on his/her permanent Partner visa (subclass 801)
  • to work in Australia
  • to study in Australia (no government support)
  • to travel outside Australia as many times as he/she wants
  • to access up to 510 hours of free English language tuition provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
  • To enroll in Medicare, Australia’s national health scheme.

Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801)

  • to stay in Australia indefinitely
  • to work and study in Australia
  • to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s health care scheme
  • To receive some social security payments. More information is available on the Department of Human Services 
  • To sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • To travel outside Australia as many times as he/she wants for five years from the date the visa is granted – he/she will then need a Resident Return visa to re-enter Australia
  • To apply for Australian citizenship, when eligible.



From AUD 7000

If you hold a Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) – from AUD 1170

Processing time

Visa 820: 20-25 months

Visa 801: 16-22 months

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore

* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.

Consult migration agent in your area

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.