Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Temporary) (Subclass 884)

About the Visa

The visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily.

Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

The candidate must have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The candidate must be sponsored. Usually, this will be his/her child who must be:

  • 18 years old or older
  • A settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The candidate must be old enough for the age pension in Australia.

The candidate must meet the balance-of-family test. Either:

  • At least half of your children live permanently in Australia.


  • More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.

The candidate must meet our health requirement.

The candidate must meet our character requirement.

The candidate must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government.

The candidate might not be eligible for this visa if he/she have had a visa cancelled or refused while he/she was in Australia.

What visa lets you do?

This visa lets you:

  • to live in Australia for up to two years
  • to work and study in Australia (He/she will not receive government support)
  • to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • To travel to and from Australia as many times as he/she wants for two years from the date the visa is granted.
  • To apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864).

You cannot extend or re-apply for this visa.


From AUD 32,900

The visa is paid in two parts, called instalments.

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-aged-parent-temporary-884

* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.

Consult migration agent in your area

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.