Parent visa (Subclass 103)
About the Visa
This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia permanently.
Waiting period for this visa can be long, which is up to 30 years.
Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)
The child’s candidate must be a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
The candidate must be sponsored. Usually, this will be his/her child who must be:
- 18 years old or older
- A settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
If your child is under 18
A sponsor can sponsor more than one parent for this visa.
Sponsors have financial and other responsibilities.
The candidate must meet the balance-of-family test. This means that:
- At least half of the candidate’s children live permanently in Australia
- More of the candidate’s children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
- The candidate must be able to obtain an Assurance of Support
You must meet our health requirement.
You must meet our character requirement.
The candidate must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
The candidate might not eligible for this visa if he/she have had a visa cancelled or refused while he/she was in Australia.
What visa lets you do?
This permanent visa can:
- let you stay in Australia indefinitely
- let you work and study in Australia
- let you enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- let you sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Let you travel to and from Australia for five years
- Let you apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
From AUD 6,010
This visa is paid in two parts, called instalments
- First instalment – from $3,945 – paid on application.
- Second installment – $2,065 for each applicant
You might have to pay other costs
* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.