Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)

About the Visa

A Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is a temporary visa for the child of a parent who holds a temporary Partner visa that does not already include the child.

If this visa is granted, the child also needs to make a permanent Partner visa application before the parent’s permanent Partner visa is decided.


Who are eligible (Eligibility and requirement)

Who could get this visa?

A child applying for this visa must be the dependent child of a parent who holds a temporary Partner visa or a Dependent Child visa. A parent usually lodges the application on behalf of the child.

The candidate child must be:

  • a biological child, stepchild or adopted child of the parent
  • sponsored by the same person sponsoring their parent with limited exceptions
  • able to meet health and character requirements
  • single (the child cannot be married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship)
  • younger than 18, or else be one of the following:
    • financially dependent on the parent holding the temporary Partner visa
    • Incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions.

To be granted this visa, the child’s parent or step-parent must already hold one of the following temporary Partner visas:

For a child who is under 18 to be granted this visa, each person who can legally decide where the child can live must give permission for the child to be granted this visa. If another parent or person can make that decision, they must also give their permission.

This visa will not usually be granted if it is against the best interests of a child younger than 18 years of age.

The candidate must meet certain health requirements.

A child older than 16 years of age must meet certain character requirements.

The child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.

What visa lets you do?

This visa allows the child to enjoy the following privileges:

  • to travel to and from, or stay in Australia with their parents until a decision in made on the parent’s permanent visa application
  • to work and study in Australia
  • To travel to and from and stay Australia while the temporary visa is valid.

A Dependent Child visa holder is eligible to enroll in Medicare once they have lodged an application for a permanent Partner visa. Medicare is Australia’s scheme for health related care and expenses.


From AUD 2,415


Processing time

6-11 months

Link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/dependent-child-445

* This is the DIBP prescribed cost of the application. This does not include Migration agent’s fees. To obtain the current fees, kindly refer to the above link or DIBP website.

Consult migration agent in your area

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.